Adventure is never without cost. My legs are ridden with sandfly bites and I am trying not to scratch the *beep* out of them. Remnants of my secret beach excursion.
For the first time today, I took a bus to town. Wow, it's cheap! $1.13/way! I'm a fan all over again. But speaking of buses, I guess there's this hippo tour thing that they have in Singapore now. I don't really know why it has a hippo theme on the tour bus, but let's go with it. The slogan? "Be hip, go topless." Singapore's really trying to shake off their conservative image. Pretty conservative still though. I mean, I went for tui na (massage) last week with my bro, and they were quite apprehensive about putting us in the same room BECAUSE we were opposite sex siblings... My bro and I had to reassure them that we would draw the curtain and wouldn't try to peep at each other.
Oh, and I have been shopping for tennis shorts for the past few days. Why don't tennis shorts come with pockets anymore?? I was even willing to compromise and buy tennis skirts, but those don't have ball holders too. Here are the various permutations I found while shopping online and at the stores:
1) tennis shorts without pockets
2) tennis shorts with pockets but made of thick ultra shiny polyester material
3) tennis skirt without pockets
4) tennis skirt with pockets but extremely hideous design
5) tennis skirt without tights underneath. do we play in our underthings then?
In walking from Takashimaya to Centrepoint, I found only ONE design that sorta suited my needs. I think my new pair of shorts holds maybe one ball. I think I'm becoming stuck in my ways. I'm looking for designs of the 90s. My bro emphatically claimed at dinner that ladies tennis shorts / skirts have been that way for many years now. My baby bro has to inform me of ladies fashion! Aye yai yai yai yai. But that's ok. I'm now ready for another tennis rematch tomorrow evening with JH, my new eating/tennis buddy.
And in other news, I found my dream mattress. It ain't my Kingsdown in NY, but it's also a King. King Koil. There was actually this one mattress that was absolutely heavenly to sleep in, but the salesman was saying he would only buy it if he were getting married. So I asked, is it because you need a better mattress to compensate for the new introduction to your bed? And he said, no, just someone to split the cost. hah. We're both very positive people. Anyway, I value my sleep and will be getting myself the King Koil spinal saver - glamour.
Wednesday, November 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Bug spray!! never leave home without it in singapore
i am off to hatterasssssssssssssssssssssss =)
Post a Comment