Surprisingly, for having drank two and a half bottles of red wine, woke up without a hangover. In fact, woke up overly cheerful. Winnie was very accomodating. We went to Bar Taller in the hopes that it could improve Winnie's genetic makeup. Unfortunately, Taller in spanish means "factory". So that made it a little difficult. We had so little cash between us that we had to budget for a bottle of water and a pizzeta. It was not even a full pizza!
After that, we took a long and expensive cab ride to Los Caminitos. Cute colorful street where we bought cute shirts and watched more cheesy tango. I'm done with tango, and I haven't even begun. :( Oh, and we also passed by Roberto Jofre's pictures. I loved the colors. We got to meet Roberto himself and really enjoyed his demeanor. He was so full of passion and heart. Could see it in his paintings.
Went back to La Cabrera later in the afternoon for Winnie's last meal before she headed back to NY. We had the tenderloin this time. Still so yummm!! I am not sure how many more steaks I can have though, to be quite honest. I feel like agordare (i am getting fat)!!! Gross.
Anyway, we did more shopping (again). Love the shopping and walking around here. Very dangerous. Get me out of Palermo Soho.
After sending Winnie off, I was lazing around for a while before heading out for a late dinner. 9:45pm, headed out to Las Canitas again. This time, I went with a friend's broker's analyst. All these crazy connections! M is a petit trader that curses and swears in Spanish and English with ease. Anyway, he took me to Sushi Club. He liked sushi and I was not feeling like eating a second round of steak for the day, so I decided to opt for sushi. I wasn't forewarned that I would have to bust out my Spanish. Ended up conversing in Spanish for most of the night. Whenever I spoke, it was VERY SLOOOOOWWWW and laborious. I wish I could keep it up though, honestly!! It's so fun. haha. We even talked about quite a wide range of subjects, from his work, to my family, to his affiliation with the freemasons, gossiping about a secretary and her boss on a date, 80s music, all sorts of random topics. ajajaja (that's how the spanish-speaking people laugh over email). Tested the limits of my spanish and my vocabulary.
On the way back, he decided to show off the sick speakers he installed in his car. My ears are still ringing from Erasure, Madonna and Guns 'n Roses. I'm pretty exhausted from 4 hours of speaking in Spanish. hahaha. Alright chicos. I'm all caught up with my blog now. Time to sleep to prepare for the festivities of Wednesday night in Buenos Aires. Apparently the parties take a break on Monday, start gearing up on Tuesday, and are in fifth gear by Wednesday night. Hasta manana.
Wednesday, November 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Can't believe you made a special mention of my genetic makeup. Good to know you always have my back.
:p
Good luck with the Argentine men tonight... no mama chin to keep an eye out for your drunken a*ss!
Post a Comment