Thursday, November 20, 2008

Out with the old

I'm slowly settling back into my family's house and I have a "new" room. It's really my sister's old room. What happened was that my sister and I had rooms across from each other, and we shared a bathroom. I gave up my room for my baby brother, and now I'm moving into my sister's room.

Anyhoo, the closets in this room started to pile up with clothes that none of the ladies in my house wear anymore. And with good reason too, I might add. I finally got down to clearing out most of the closet yesterday, and it turned out to be a more interesting afternoon than expected. For example, someone in my family bought a sequin rose-printed crop tank top in navy hues from Chaos. I personally contributed to that collection of "never agains" with a lilac-colored straight cut denim skirt from Guess fastened together by a series of eyes-and-hooks down the sides (think gaping side slits). Bright orange (think construction worker) Nike rain jacket. Hmm, and I think the top two, hands down, were contributed by my very fashionable mother:

1) D&G very-very-high-waisted slim-fit stretchy brown work pants with brown leather patchwork detail on kneecaps
2) Versace black leather vest emblazoned with metal mesh design

I honestly cannot tell you how she gets away with it, but she does and it's fabulous. I've since packed about two suitcases worth of clothes and I cannot decide how to deal with them. What do ladies do with their old clothes? Sometimes you have to wait a decade or three for things to come back into fashion. So in the meantime, am I going to store all these old clothes in the two suitcases, or should I just donate them to the Salvation Army so that someone who's a little less fashion-conscious can wear them right now?

1 comment:

gugglesisadreamer said...

donate them

you can't be bothered to dig them out 1 year later anyway