Monday, November 10, 2008

Salvador do Bahia (continued)

Highlights of day 2 in Salvador:
- Went up and down the Elevador that divides the upper and lower city
- Visited Mercado Modelo where I got gifts for twin so she wouldn't feel so left out from Brazil
- Sent a postcard to the family
- Visited the rather small Afro-Brazilian museum
- Visited Sorriso da Da Da again for round 2... octopus chowder, moqueca camarao and boulettes de poison (fish balls in english - the french translation on the menu was rather misleading). This time, I managed to order the moqueca and was very proud of myself!
- Learned all about the bourgeousie and nobility
- Said my goodbyes to my new french friends. They said they were so sad to leave me that they were contemplating wearing capoeira outfits that night and walking about town to attempt to cheer themselves up. I can't wait for the pictures.
- Realized that three of my new french friends had last names Lanternier, Lanier, and Lanter.

No comments: