Woke up without twin today. So sad. Unfortunately, life had to go on. I went traipsing through my barrio again in search of lunch. Ended up at random restaurant for a forgettable risotto. Think I've been too spoiled by all the nice restaurants we've been eating at.
While eating, I looked at the map and thought to myself, what a great idea if I walked all the way from Palermo Soho to Palermo, to Recoleta. It looked pretty close on the map. So I started walking. By the time I realized how far it was, it was kinda too late coz I'd already committed. I got to see a lot, including the outside of the zoo. Had no desire to see animals today. Passed through the "nature" neighborhood of Argentina with all these amazingly mature, blooming trees. Por supuesto, I had lots of admirers. So ladies, if you ever want to feel good about yourself, come to any latam country. haha. Actually, M (from dinner last night) was telling me that Argentinean men would appreciate any female, linda o fea (pretty or ugly). haha. So I would take any marriage proposals here with a big saucepan of salt.
The goal of my day was to get to the Cementario de la Recoleta. After about 1.5 hours of walking through the beautiful bosques, avoiding the searing sun like the plague, I finally arrived at Plaza Francia (where the Cementerio was located). The cemetery itself is really impressive. When I stepped in, I thought to myself, I know this place. I kept trying to recall until I realized that I'd seem cemeteries this impressive in the movie, Addams Family Values. hah hah. Seriously though, it was quite impressive. I think my pictures will speak for themselves. And naturally, I (like every other tourist) gravitated towards the tomb of Eva Peron. She was the first lady of Argentina in the 1940s, wife of Juan Peron. I almost broke out into song, but thought it to be maybe slightly inappropriate.
I wandered around the cemetery for almost an hour before heading back to my barrio. Actually, I guess that was the end of my day (sort of). haha. It was so hot and I had been walking for three hours already!! I headed back, did a little shopping (tee hee) and am now sitting in the air-conditioned comfort of my dinghy apartment.
Upcoming: Uploading pics onto FB, nap, dinner, and dancing in San Telmo with the fei li ren. hah hah hah.
Thursday, November 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment