Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Updates on Travels

Totally not prepared for any of my travels, so it'll be interesting. However, the most useful phrase I've acquired in a foreign tongue (since "Parlez vous francais" for France, and I don't speak french) is "la mia anima si infiamma per le parole che dici". Thanks to Giancarlo and Pietro for their translations. Now I'll be able to pick up unsuspecting American tourists with my stunning olive-skinned Bari-ish Mediterranean good looks and my sexy fluent Italian.

New Orleans - So it turns out that we picked the weekend of Southern Decadence to go to New Orleans. And we're staying in the French Quarter, the heart of all the activity. Yup, and the website's claim is that Labor Day weekend in New Orleans is the "Gay Mardi Gras". I had a friend who got me hopeful, saying that during such festivities, some men might flip (y'know, flip on, flip off)...

Italy - We finally made some reservations for our Italy trip. We have accomodation in Venice and Rome, a museum booking in Florence, and various bookings in Rome (Vatican necropolis, Galleria Borghese, Colosseo). Wow, it's quite hard core... booking places of interest 2 weeks in advance. And apparently I was last in line in Florence, seeing as to how I got the most absolute crap times. But what can we do, right? But maybe now S and I won't get too testy with each other. The stress was building up over the past few days. And at least we know that Giancarlo's prayers to Nietzche might have paid off (he's atheist).

Work - I'm not sure that I'm gonna successfully cram 2 weeks of work into 4 days, but I'm getting a pretty good head start. I didn't step out of my apartment at all yesterday. Amazing.

Alrighty, time to kick start the stay with some fun and games. Training development time, kids!

No comments: