The wheels are set in motion. It's only 3 days to New Orleans, and 10 days to Italy. Complain as I must about having to squeeze 2 weeks worth of work into 4 days, I can already feel it in my bones. It's gonna be worth it.
New Orleans - we aren't sure if one of the five is actually coming, because he has to play football in Madrid. Go figure. But that's ok, because our resident chiller-outer has stepped up and bought a guidebook to New Orleans, and the Mushroom has been doing her fair bit of research. There've been lots of food recommendations thrown out, which I'm really psyched about. Seeing old friends and family, having good food, and a good ole time, I'm psyched.
Italy - we're definitely one down. From three people, it's gone down to two. Work-related incident. Sadness. But power on we must. About to book our hostels in Venice at some point today. 33E per person for a mixed dorm in the heart of Venice. Good price, anyone? Mixed dorm... hmm... Time to buy those ear plugs. And I'm serious too. But one of the most important items to prepare for our trip is a list of phrases that we will use in Italy. Sue and I saw many random phrases in an Italy guidebook, and I think the consensus is that the best phrase goes "The words that you speak set my soul on fire". I have got it down pat en espanol, I think. Mi alma esta en fuego de las palabras que se dice. All we need now is the Italian translation. Sue's going to use it on the deli guy, but I think I'm going to save it for a random tourist that speaks no Italian. I think that's the most effective way to impress people with my linguistic skills.
Other news - Fluffy and Cutie are doing well. Fluffy is my pet money tree, and Cutie is my pet Kalanchoe. Sir Conrad is doing well. He's one roommate's pet Weeping Willow. Humphrey wasn't doing too well for a while, but now she's being nurse back to health. Humphrey is my other roommate's bi-confused plant, he's a she-he she's a he....wha...?
I'll probably be MIA for the next month or so, except for this blog probably. So come look me up here. Talk soon.
Tuesday, August 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment