Tuesday, January 13, 2009

A quick lookback

The last week has been rather eventful. For starters, two of my really good friends are getting married!! Mumbai June '09 and erm... (I'm-not-suppose-to-reveal-yet) Summer '10! But either way, I'm super happy for them and totally psyched for me. Yes, coz it's all about me! Me and my new saris. Me and my visit back to the motherland (the other one, not Singapore).

I met up with JC classmates after more than 8 years of not seeing some of them! One's getting married to an Israeli, the other's a teacher... Really enjoyed myself and it turned out to be a really late 5am night. I suppose 8 years is a lot of catching up.

Weekend was a little sad coz I didn't kite at all. I was at brunch on Saturday with a very old family friend, and was nice catching up and hanging out... talking about maritime trading and other topics that I clearly have expertise in. And Sunday I was about to set out to kiteboard, but then as I backed into the driveway, I realized something wasn't right because I almost backed into one of the pillars at the bottom of the slope. Umm, I was having an out of body experience. It was like I was watching myself from the outside. Weird. So I instead played a ton of rockband and the piano.

The piano bit is where it gets interesting. I decided to hunt my Les Miserables book down. I haven't played that in years and started flipping through and playing old songs. My dad heard it and said, hey, why not you entertain my colleagues when they come over for CNY. I said sure, why don't I play some songs that you can sing. I play, you sing. So I think my dad's secretly pretty excited about it coz I definitely heard him practicing in the shower last night, and this morning he went to work and printed out extra copies of the song so he could practice the lyrics. We've been practicing together for the past 3 nights and now we have 4 songs!

Time to play rock band with my house-confined baby brother.

1 comment:

lizzo said...

that is the cutest thing i've ever heard. my dad would not-so-secretly love something like that too. :D