Before I left NY, a friend of mine (you miss me!) warned that I might get too comfortable in my own space when I moved back to Singapore. I remember emphatically saying that I could never get settled into routine etc etc. Well, guess what? I think I’m in the zone. This past week, I looked forward every day to coming home after work. I’ve planned meals with my parents, gone swimming at the club, played the piano, read the Straits Times in my room. And last night, I found pleasure in taking my little bro (who just passed his driving test) on a little tour of Singapore. Or rather, he drove and I navigated (YES, with my spidey sense). I find that getting invited to happy hours are a blip in my schedule. It takes a lot of effort to go out for dinners with friends. I’d say I do (max) 1 to 2 dinners out a week. Hah. If this isn’t routine, I don’t know what is.
My kiteboarding friends ‘round the world are in Zanzibar, Boracay, Caribbean… What am I doing here?
Friday, January 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment