Sunday, January 04, 2009

Kiting disasters

Every kiter at East Coast fears two things:

1) Getting kite stuck in tree
2) Doing the very long walk of shame after epic downwinder to Changi Jetty

Today, both of those things happened to me. I didn't kite a lot, but I DID swim and run a lot. My hands are permanently calloused, I think. Will need lots of moisturizer if I am to marry myself out one day. Times like these, I'm really so glad I'm a female. Otherwise, I probably wouldn't have gotten the help that I did.

I think something is happening to my insides though, coz I'm drinking all this water that is high in bacteria content from the nearby fish farms when I kite at Pasir Ris, high in sewage content at Jason's Bay in M'sia, and the ashes of Indian people at Changi. Overall it's a losing proposition. Well if I'm going to die early, at least I'll die doing something I enjoy. :-D

2 comments:

lizzo said...

"Will need lots of moisturizer if I am to marry myself out one day."

and your twin will need to stop belching if she is to marry herself out one day.

Anonymous said...

yeah bacteria.. i remember canoeing at kallang basin n there was a dead cat..
but hey! i'm still fine after swimming in the gross water!... right??:P - Sher