Thursday, January 08, 2009

A family that eats together...

The past week has been a flurry of meeting old friends but then everyone leaves so fast. Back to the UK, back to the US, starting a new life. At least I got to spend a few moments. Saying goodbye makes me sad.

So instead of dwelling, I decided to think about food. I realize that as long as I've lived in Singapore, I've never been left wanting for food. I always know there's food for me if I come home for any meal at any time. If there isn't, food can appear. We have 5 fridges in the house and they're never empty. I think that's how my family still even hangs out. I honestly believe that a family that eats together, stays together. Even when I lived in NY, my roomies and I would cook together and there was usually food around for the important meals. It completes the "home", I think. So, if music be the food of love, play on! I'm sure I wanted to wax-lyrical more about family and food, but it is almost 1am.... hah hah.

On that note, I've got a new idea on life once again. It might potentially move me in a new direction, and I think it will move me closer to where I want to be and who I want to be. My idea is still half-baked but should come to fruition in the next few months. Stay tuned. Time to hit the sack. Goodnight, my one faithful reader! haha.

4 comments:

lizzo said...

seriously -- food is an essential part of community-building. i firmly believe that.

intrigued by said half-baked idea. please inform. :)

Mushroom the Wanderer and the Loping Lingonberry said...

i hope u mean me.

mushu said...

of course, mushroom! you're my one faithful reader. you always have been... even if you don't really read anymore. :)

Anonymous said...

sparkles is also a faithful reader. =)