I was so grateful for the weekend, coz I just needed to SLOW DOWN. Well, Friday was pretty random. Decided to skive for half the day (I hope nobody from work is gonna kiss and tell), and went to the MoMa for Target Fridays - free admission from 4pm to 8pm! Loved the comic exhibit. Was particularly intrigued by Takashi Murakami's Milk painting, except with an electric light blue background. I was also loving the Tiffany's lamps - the pearl rose stem ones, and the ones that look like stained glass. I think I'll be heading down to Target Fridays more often. They have a really nice garden in MoMa, and another small park just off MoMa, on 53rd. After MoMa, a group of us went to El Paso Taqueria in Spanish Harlem for Lengua tacos (beef tongue). Mmm those were GOOOOOoooodddd.
Later on, I was suckered into going to a Korean party at Hiro. Bad idea. At 10:30pm, all the girls were skanks. Think obscenely, unsexily short skirts, stripper moves on the dance floor. Get a room! By 11:15pm, a bitch fight broke out between two girls and a guy. They were led out by coppers. By 11:30pm, boys had turned into sketch balls. When I came out of the bathroom, I was being mauled by a couple, followed by others. And at multiple points during the night, various groups of boys were lined up like firing squads, surrounding my group of girlfriends. It was a nice, sober experience though. At least I lived to tell my tale.
On Sat, my roomies and I went to dim sum and then to C-town to shop for the big Memorial Day BBQ! Hung out at W's - ahh I'm envious she has such a nice place. I want a balcony too. Some time. Being at W's actually got me thinking that I might stay in NY a little longer than my lease, and finally get my place in Chelsea. I suppose it'll depend on my career too. I'll see how I grow with the firm, and whether it'd be good to stay in NY. That's a while away, but I always like making future plans.
Sunday we went to the Jersey Shore! Oh, I miss you, Beach. Ate yummy BBQ, hung out at the beach, threw a tiny football around... great weather. I must say though, that the highlight of Sunday was going to Down the Hatch. College bar in West Village. OMG, do I regret going. That's a defining moment in my life. I actually felt freakin OLD being there, talking to college students. Well, they were fresh grads and/or just started work, but it felt like they were so young... Talk to me some time about the young Melbourne graduate who was travelling the world. And by the world, he meant North America.
Anyway, my Monday was also a big milestone. My first run since my trochanteric bursitis. Woohoo! :)
I'm going to leave you with some fun quotes that I collected from friends over the past week:
I was having a work meeting, and my roomie decides to bother me. "Hey mushu, are your coworkers looking at your screen? MUSHU LIKES MIDGETS!"
Random conversation I had with my friend over chat one late night while working:
x: i can't take these girls with f*cked up familys. it's no good. my mom warned me about them...
me: yeah i think it's true
x: your parents are pretty functional right?
me: haha yes. why? do u want to marry me? and btw, don't ans that. im jk
x: nah but i'm screening you for referrals
A guy that I had a big crush on a while ago, he's got a big personality, and outrageous quotes. This was one of his most recently, when I asked about his plans for the week. He told me that he has nothing major planned for the week because "i completely misjudged my budget again so nothing major till next paycheck".
My little brother thinks he's pretty clever. I'm pretty goofy sometimes too, and I must confess that I opened the conversation without any provocation. Here's a little something from my regular interactions with him:
me: you got to move it move it
x: but do i like to move it move it?
me: haha. i got that from madagascar
x: yeah
me: when the lemurs were partying in the treetop party
x: i like to move it move it
me: haha
x: i'm omniscient. ask me something. anything. go on
me: ok. is risk operations the right department to transfer a customer to when there is a credit card fraud?
x: ah. thats an easy one
me: what's your answer, oh wise one
x: and i shall show you how to keep an idiot in suspense. i'll tell you later.
me: hahahaha. you're funny
x: i know i am
Wednesday, May 30, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment