I always mean to update more frequently, because too much always goes on and before I know it, another weekend is over. Anyway, I wanted to start with my most recent celebrity encounter. So on Thursday night, my friend asks me along to a Nelly Furtado concert with her two siblings. I was sorta unwilling just because I was so tired, but upon further urging, I decided, ah, why not. So I went. Little did I know, our group of four was ushered right to the front section, and we watched Nelly Furtado front and center. I've never been that close, unless you count Vanessa Mae and Barry Manilow (2nd row and 1st row respectively), and it really made all the difference. The party was just way groovier from the front.
And last week, when I went shopping at AX in Soho, little did I know that they had some pumping music going on. Live DJ, turntables, mega large speakers... Turns out that DJ Skribbles was DJ-ing there that Saturday. I must say, I've forgotten how good pop music can sound, especially with the right DJ mixing. I walked through the crowd of good looking men (straight and gay alike) that were managing the floor, and straight into the changing room. As I was going through the army of clothes that I brought in, I realized that I was right behind the turntables, and that if DJ Skribbles turned around, he would be able to see me through the space at the top of the door! Scandalous!
What else. Oh, so several weekends ago, I was on the subway, on the way to meet my friend for an open bar. Open bar, btw, is the single most dangerous phrase I've come across in recent times. So there was a guy on the subway, and he kinda checked me out. But he had these beady huge eyes, greasy slicked back hair, kinda fat slobbery looking guy. It made me really nervous. When I got out of the subway, it just happened that he got off as well, and he walked in the exact same direction as me. That REALLY made me get nervous and I quickened my pace. He kept walking on after I had stopped outside the club. So I went to the open bar with my friend, and 30 minutes later, she goes, I want to introduce you to my friend! I said, oh hello Reuben! Nice to meet you. Reuben goes, "Actually, we met on the subway. You saw me, drew your purse closer to you, and bolted out the minute you got out of the subway car." Ugh! Embarrassing.
Then I complained to these two friends about this incident, and I told them, "Honestly, if he weren't so lecherous looking, I probably would've appreciated it a whole lot more!" To which the guy quickly replied, "Oh you women, let's be honest here. If you never ever had any guy, gross or not, check you out ever again, you'd be depressed for the rest of your life!" hah hah. So true. Oh, we do love our attention.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment