Monday, June 18, 2007

Spending more time with me...

So once again, I am sick. This is a pattern. Maybe I just need a break from NY, the pollution, the hectic life. Maybe. The good news, and those of you that know my habits will be proud of me, is that I'm recovering almost entirely on vitamins and good habits. No antibiotics this time. I've been resisting the temptation to take the easy way out. It's so depressing though, to have such great weather, to have all the possibilities (tennis, blading, running...) but to be unable to participate in any of them.

It still wasn't a bad weekend at all. I actually feel like I got a lot accomplished. I read a lot. Yesterday, I sat by the esplanade and read a book. The sounds of happy people all around actually made me feel alive. Way better than my usual practice of hibernating in my room, trying to shun the malady of this City. Today I actually finished an entire copy of my Newsweek, something I've been trying to do ever since I ordered this publication. I'll have to share some tidbits from this article that I read. More to come at the end of this post.

Anyway, I usually stay away from being too personal in my blog, just because I never know who reads it. I don't like to offend, though I realize that I can have quite a sharp tongue at times. This week though, I really feel like I want to share this little bit. How do I say this.

So this weekend, I decided to hang out with a few different guys, one on one. For those that know me, it's a little shocking perhaps. I seldom ever go on dates. Now I can't claim that I've only been on one date in NY (with my French man), though I can still count the number of dates I've had on one hand. I've never known of the possibility of having a menu of men to choose from until I came to NY, a novel idea that I'm not entirely comfortable with. My dates left me wondering though. Maybe what everyone says is true, that I will not find my ideal man in NY. Or maybe I am just too demanding. I want to be completely and hopelessly physically attracted, for the guy to have a wicked sense of humor, an edge, nice with a bit of naughty. Someone that will continually engage my interest, not because I'm wondering why the hell he's doing what he's doing, but because he's deep and provoking, and because each time I uncover one layer, I discover ten other possibilities I could explore with him. And on that same token, I also hope to be all of that to someone else. So there has to be a great overall package, and at the same time a coincidence of circumstances. Ooh, tough.

On that bright and sunny note, the funniest article I've read in Newsweek in a while, on why all people should consider living a nudist life:

1) We could all zip through airport security
2) My son (not mine, the author's) loves to read all the sports magazines previewing the upcoming seasons. However, these magazines quickly become obsolete because so many players are traded. If they appeared in the magazines sans uniforms, that would no longer be an issue
3) Nudists don't know how rich anyone is because everyone is dressed the same
4) Nudists listen to each other, because at a clothing-optional beach everyone makes eye contact
5) Politics is hardly ever an issue - most nudists are united in their desire to keep the environment clean. And yes, there are many nudists who are Republicans
6) Finally, nudists tend to be very kind people who take up many worthy causes - they would even give you the shirts off their backs (if they were wearing shirts).

Good night everyone. Have a great work week ahead! Please email me and let me know how you're doing.

No comments: