Thursday, May 24, 2007

GO RED SOX!

The usual story goes. I worked all week, I worked hard. Work goes well, but sometimes I struggle. I keep wondering how I fit in with my work team, with my company, with New York. Honestly, sometimes I feel like I don't fit in at all. I'm not sure whether it's that I'm new to this entire environment. I'm not really that new anymore though. I moved into NY in Oct '06.

I sorta love and hate this struggle at the same time. I hate it because it's stressful. It makes me question who I am, makes me have to be a stronger person, and that's very tiring. At the same time, I always love a challenge. I can't really back down right now. I have till Nov '08 to make something good of my NY experience. So far so good though.

Well, anyway, I wanted to tell you guys about my first Yankees experience. I was at the stadium tonight!! My second baseball game in my life. And what better way to experience it than by going to the Yankees - Red Sox game. Except, viva Boston. And we lost. Sadness. At least this time, I didn't mistake the umpires for policemen. That's a start, right? And I know what R, H and E stand for. And what ball vs strike vs out means. Hopefully I remember that! Anyway, the Yankees stadium is full of very talented people. They have, obviously, the baseball professionals. They also have the peanut sellers. The peanut sellers can throw peanuts with deadly accuracy to people that yell out for peanuts, even from a pretty far range. And then they remember exactly who ordered peanuts and they collect money from them without fail. The hot dog sellers, they can balance a mini furnace very expertly and very close to their heads... without burning themselves. Then there are the spectators. Whenever a ball is hit into the crowd, there're always one or two people who have some pretty fancy moves. The best I saw tonight was an overhead catch from a ball that ricocheted off a back wall, with a little fist pump to close out the perfect move.

Oh, also, I notice that two girls were proposed to tonight, Crystal and Amy. Well, how do we know which Crystal and Amy they're talking about? Shouldn't the guys be smart enough to provide last names? I mean, I'm sure there MUST be more than one Crystal or one Amy around. I mean, dammit, what if my name was Crystal or Amy? I could've gone home thinking that I was gonna get married. Raising false hopes for all the single ladies at the Yankee Stadium, I tell ya.

Anyway, that was a random night of fun. But now, I need to go do even more unwinding to get my head out of the gutter. Meeting one of my two sets of Michigan parents tomorrow. Really excited! Date was made more than a month ago, so I better show up for this one. :D

No comments: