Sunday, May 06, 2007

It didn't turn out like the movie...

So I didn't find a man in Seattle, and I guess, more importantly, we're not meeting on top of the Empire State. I didn't even get to explore the facility that I stayed in very much, so I never got to see the untouched wetlands. I got to know the "Smiling Cedar" conference room very well, and the interior of three different restaurants. I feel sick thinking about it, but the three times we went out to eat, I had full dinner courses (2 appetizers, an entre and desert). The coolest night by far was at the Olympic Sculpture Park - yes, we ate at the museum next to the park. We had the most amazing panoramic view of the bay, and watched the sunset while having dinner. The food itself was alright, but oh the view... We were hosted by Bill Gates' stepmom, Mimi Gates, who apparently went fly fishing with 12 friends in Mongolia. That's about all I remember from the speech that she gave. My team also rubbed shoulders with some of the most senior executives in my company, as well as that of the client's. Apparently, the project that I'm on is a big deal. Oh, and I spent part of the last night playing very bad piano in the atrium with some of the very drunk clients. haha.

Friday afternoon, I spent with a VERY old friend. She was probably the first friend I had - I was born in Boston when my dad was studying there, and she was there with her dad (who was in the same program as my dad). I randomly met her a couple weeks ago at a Singapore event, and weirdly, even after 15 years, we recognized each other right away. We went to Cookshop, great American food and nice atmosphere. Then we went to Kyotofu (my 2nd time there) for desserts made completely out of tofu. MMmmm. Highly recommended. It's so close to my office, I might go there more often. Oh, and it helps that the owner remembered me. Maybe I can cut the line next time? It's ridiculous at night, we waited about 45 minutes the last time we were there.

Fri night was super fun, rooftop party. First time with my two roomies in a very long time! The night would've been good regardless of where we went. We were on the rooftop of The Olivia, a luxury apartment building on 33rd and 8th. Omg, great view. So this was even better than being on top of the Empire State with a random strange man from Seattle. hehe. Needless to say, some people got very very sick from the zillion shots we were doing.

I got my first manicure/pedicure in Flushing, that I actually enjoyed. Maybe it was hanging out with Fan that made it fun, but anyway, I got my cuticles snipped and my nails painted. It was a waste of money, but a relaxing time. So right now, I have nice nails. It'll last until tomorrow, probably. :D

Ooh, but tonight, I got to go to Romeo and Juliet, production by the New York City Ballet! Sooo beautiful. Juliet looked beautiful even when she died. But weak though, coz there were 4 of us there, and each of us fell asleep at some point during the 2 hour production. It's just been a hard week. :)

Anyway, it's late now, and I think I'm just about ready to go to bed. But in case you're wondering why I keep making chronological blog entries - I'm just trying to keep this as a journal of this chapter in my life. It's been so crazy, and I don't want to forget the things I've done. I tend to have a bad memory for detail. I remember random details, and I'm not sure how and why. Alrighty, goodnight!

1 comment:

uraraa said...

now u know that i visit yr blog everyday, i'm waiting for a new post n some pictures of spring in NYC!!:PP