Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Work's been kicking my ass!

I've been meaning to write, but I write at work all day now. So basically, I feel like a movie script writer. Well, I have to write a script for a learning tool, as part of a new project that I am on now. Soon, we're going to get to audition people to pose for photos as well as voice actors. Meantime, I'm just trying to churn out a script that will help employees at my client to employ good customer service behaviors. I think it's such a meaningful piece of work for me, because I do believe in good customer service. Work's well, but it definitely takes up a lot of my time. And having to work around other people's schedules is something I'm taking a little while to get used to. It's been 5 months of working on my own time (for the most part), so this having to come into work thing... haha. And also, having to interact with teammates is challenging. They're great but I am just not used to spending that much time with people, and having to make up small talk and conversation all the time. Small talk doesn't come as naturally to me in a professional setting. I'm better at asking serious questions in a professional setting, than making small talk and telling funny stories.

Anyway, I did something pretty cool this weekend. I finally got some sun, coz I went kayaking on the Hudson. My friend invited me, and I managed to drag my roomie+her bf as well. Even though we were only kayaking round and round a small pier half the size of a football field, it was still fun. The Hudson didn't smell too bad, although I saw a patch of mutated oil. It looked like oil, but had a strange brown tinge to it, not like any other oil patch I've ever seen before... The point is, this is the first time I've exercised and gone outdoors since my hip disease.

I think I'm almost over the hip bursa, btw. I freaked out on Monday and went to the doc again. Basically, I went to a very cute caucasian doctor (that wasn't the reason I went, btw), and told him exactly what I thought was wrong with me. He was very patient, and told me, "sometimes, you know your body best. But..." I actually developed a secondary problem because I haven't been using my muscles. As I said, I definitely put on weight, and I can't fit some of my pants now. :( But I plan to get fit again. Gonna start with my rollerblading again.

Ok, and I know this is, again, very random. But I think I'm going to try dragon boating! The Awesomeness, my new band, fell through. Nobody practiced but me. So now on to the next thing. Dragon boat racing. hah hah hah. I'm joining the JPM team this Sunday. We'll see how that works out.

I really missed home last weekend, because it was my mum's bday, and mother's day, and I didn't get to celebrate any of that with family. The next big step after NY is coming up on me. It's already been 6 months here, another 1.5 years to go. What's next? More to come.

No comments: