Left Singapore on Saturday afternoon, and got into NY in the night. Very uneventful flight, although both ways, I sat directly in front of snoring people. Snoring people can be frustrating but thankfully, the plane engine is fairly loud. :D Watched 3 movies and an assortment of random comedies.
I had a blast in Singapore, as always. First time for Chinese New Year in 6 years. Feels good to be home, although people don't give me many ang paos these days. That SUCKS! I'm still unmarried and I deserve ang paos! Whatever. Cheapos. jk. :)
How do I describe being back in Singapore? It was really good to be home, as always. I had my usual tussles with family, the usual lunches and dinners and hanging out. I slept, but not enough. I had to work pretty hard in the last couple days because of some ad hoc stuff that came up. That sucked, but I pulled through just fine. I got to be there when my younger brother collected his A level results, although it was not quite the 4 As that we all were hoping for. There was a night that I ate three dinners in a row, from the hours of 6pm to 2am. It was pretty gross thinking about it, but I savored every morsel.
I found out that my mother's been actively trying to match make me. Drives me crazy thinking about it, but at least I don't have randoms knocking at my door. I did see about a boy in Singapore, and now that that's done, I'm single and available and in NYC! 25/f. Insecure and/or overly-sensitive males need not apply.
I am now in possession of two aprons. I asked my mum whether she had any spare aprons lying around (we usually have spare a-lot-of-stuff because we're a pack rat family), and my maid says, yes, we have two. I take them both out, and lo and behold, it's two aprons from when my sister and I were in lower secondary school. It's white with a lacey border, and says "Raffles Forever" on it. Hilarious. I've put one up on my bedroom door. Gotta love those good ole days of home economics - trying to teach us how to be good housewives. Well, it doesn't seem to be working out well. According to an old friend of mine (a Raffles boy), there's something wrong with Raffles girls simply because they are too opinionated. Well, he's wrong. Seriously, I'm not being close minded. He's just, well... wrong. Anyway, I'd rather be known as being overly strong-headed/indepent rather than overly nerdy/geeky (like the Raffles boys). hah hah hah.
Monday, March 05, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment