Saturday, March 24, 2007

The Next Big Thing

Well, I really don't want to complain about work. I think I've been as lucky as an analyst can get. I'll just say that commuting sucks, but I'm happy to be working with an awesome team and an awesome client.

SF was awesome. I hung out with my best friend from Michigan, and kept some interesting company. Was always good to spend time with the mushroom. Oh, but I almost missed my flight back to NY. I got to the airport 30 minutes before take off, was too late to check in my bags so I had to repack them into two carry on bags. In the process, I pissed off about 40 people in the line coz I cut through. I mean, I only have 30 minutes. They had, like, 3 hours. What's the problem here? Well, that was fun. And thank goodness I run on a regular basis, coz I had to make an epic sprint to my gate. I made it though. Got home at 2:30am, passed out and was up the next morning at 6:30am to get to work.

Ok, so are you ready for the next big thing? Actually, it's coming in waves. This is the first wave. I'm starting a band! Random, I know. That's the beauty of it. Here's the low down. We're playing one song only, and the lucky song is... *drumroll*... Way Back into Love! Yes, I really like it! haha. So, on guitar, we have my roommate IdleNut. She just started learning, and can only play A major right now. On vocals, we have Angel. She doesn't really sing, except in the shower. On keyboard, we have me. I don't play it very well, and I have performance anxiety. And my remaining roommate, ruan-Chi, I think we're throwing her into the mix and she'll do some kind of Vietnamese cultural dance to our pop tunes. Actually, we need someone else for percussions, drums (not of the bongo variety) or the triangle (preferably isosceles, not equilateral... just makes things groovier).

Today, my roomie and I are running to C-town to get groceries. She proposed running home with the groceries, but I am afraid that the chicken won't be able to keep up with us. I immediately vetoed that idea, so I think we're gonna spend our last $2 taking the bus home.

That's all for now, folks. Lined up for me this weekend is lots of sleep. Hopefully.

1 comment:

SkinnyPomelo said...

there's a shadow hanging over me.
bwahahaha! i dont need no negotiation.

i'm your new band manager. pay me now.
yuez.