Thursday, December 07, 2006

Mushuholic workaholic?

Most of the past two weeks, I've spent working my a** off. I knew it'd be like this, but I wasn't quite ready yet. There's no time like the present to give myself a good kick in the butt though. The role that I have is typically known as "Chief of Staff", but nobody wants to call a nobody a Chief. So instead, I'm Operations Support. What's in a name? Pssshhh.

So far though, I've ben enjoying what I'm learning. There's a lot of logistics and administration to take care of, but I really learn about how the business is run, what the top guys think about when they consider sales, their workforce etc. I got tired of the commute pretty quickly though. So now, whenever my boss is not in town (50% of the time), I just stay home to do work. I save time (40 min commute each way) and money (subway and meals). Plus, it's so much fun doing "real" work in PJs! haha. It gives me some sort of weird power rush.

The only bad thing about the long hours is that, I've already cancelled dinner twice. It's only the beginning. But still, really happy where I am. One thing I will say though, I learn alot about dealing with different personalities. I'm learning a lot about who I am and what my boundaries are. I've been pushed around a little, and I'm starting to learn to push back. Uh oh, I'm learning to survive in New York.

On another bright note, lots of fun holiday plans, starting with bday celebrations over the next two weeks. Well, it's kinda weird to ask friends out for your birthday, but the good thing is, it makes it damn hard for them to say no. hah hah. And my favourite HK/Sing couple is coming to NY!! Woohoo!! Followed by my two Cali gal pals (NorCal and SoCal. Like, totaly cool!). Perhaps a little Philly lovin'? Maybe. We'll see. Can't wait!! Oh, and how could I forget the good old motherland that I call Michigan. Hailing from Michigan, the two hottest boys from South Quad. hah hah. Awesome. Now, hopefully work doesn't get in the way. Hmmmm...

No comments: