Friday, December 29, 2006

Christmas time?

Christmas came by and went very quickly. In 2 days, I'll be celebrating the new year. Thought I'd better do a quick blog of my Christmas before I forget it all.

I've become way more adventurous on rollerblades than I ever have been. Since I started learning to blade more than 10 years ago, I only blade in a straight line and do a heel brake. But a few days ago, I learned how to blade backwards, do spin stops, grinding stops (although that messes up my wheels)... and getting more tricks in the bag. Just need someone to teach them to me!!

I hung out some with Shums and Ed while they were in NY. We had very lovely company at the Tasting Room, followed by a rather drunken night at the lounge at Hotel Rivington (my favourite bar so far in NYC). Had Christmas brunch with them at Cafe Mozart on the Upper West Side (henceforth, UWS). Saw them off today, along with the only Christmas present I bought this season.

Christmas Eve was the day I rollerbladed, went shopping for groceries (and miserably failed to get sambal and dark soy sauce to Ed), and went for midnight mass. I really enjoyed the service at Saint Paul's on the UWS - very traditional, beautiful caroling, amazing cantor... although I wish the songs had a better, more groovy tempo. Joy to the World needed to be a little more joyous, but now I'm just being nitpicky.

Christmas day was spent at Cafe Mozart, and then our girl's day out. Then went home, grabbed cooking stuff, and went up to Nic's for a Singaporean cookout. How could I resist Singapore curry, nasi lemak, prawns (not sambal, my fault), laksa.... ah, I do miss home. Really enjoyed the company I was in. This is the most I've hung out with Singaporeans since Singapore. Well, maybe at Happy Ending lah.

Boxing day, I watched The Holiday. Not the greatest chick flick of all time, but DAMN, Jude Law is good looking. Cameron Diaz had her own charm too. I spent most of the time admiring the beauty that Jude Law is. Did I already mention how good looking he is? But thing is, he's got a bit of a fake plastic look to him. But oh so good looking. MMMMM.

Nothing crazy to report, but it's been an amazing time. I have been really really blessed this year with good friends and good things happening to me. I do miss home, and I have a twinge of regret not being at home. Missing terribly some of the people back home. But hey, all things happen for a reason.

Looking forward to the new year, and all the visitors into my new home. Stay tuned.

No comments: