Tuesday, December 12, 2006

The Gay-bourhood of New York

I was getting really tired of going to bars and dancing to the same music (booty music, hip hop, Shakira, Nelly Furtado...) all the time. I wanted to do something different this weekend. So I did.

Friday night - Hotel Rivington at a party with some good looking and extremely unavailable men. They dressed well, had their hair put together stylishly, and were, um, making out with each other. Then we went to Pyramid in the Lower East. A gay club that was playing 80s retro music. I'd take that. Haven't done Mambo Wednesdays in a while.

Saturday night - Peking duck with my two work buddies, while we caught up on everything that's going on. Being consultants and travelling to different places all the time (at least, they are), it's hard to keep up with each others lives. Then we headed down to G-Lounge in Chelsea. Did I ever mention how much I LOVE the no smoking policy in bars? The men there were SO GOOD LOOKING. Yummy. I almost fell off my seat (literally) trying to get a good look at one of them, but I blame my friend as well coz she was trying to get a good view too, and almost pushed me off. Squeezing past a throng of men who don't give a shit about you, don't try to touch your boob (I got my boob lightly caressed, non-consensually, on Friday while I was standing at the bar), and merely smile when you smile at them. You know how every guy at a regular bar dresses the same on a weekend night? Patterned dress shirt with the sleeve rolled up to the elbow, and jeans? Everyone there was dressed differently from the next person. Loved it. Oh, and I got so caught up thinking 'bout all the hot men there. Forgot to mention the music. Great house music, great atmosphere. Highly recommend G-Lounge on 19th, btw 7th and 8th.

Sunday - instead of doing my work or anything too productive, my roomie persuaded me to buy a pair of blades. We went rollerblading by the Hudson river. The sun was shining and people were smiling and happy. It was soooo awesome. Come visit me, and we can hang by the Hudson! :)

Only a week to my favourite Sg/HK couple, and 2 weeks to my rollerblading buddy and my sister! Counting down...

No comments: