Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Thanksgiving, 感恩节, Dia de Gracias

Just showing off my language prowess. jk. Thought I'd make a quick post before I get back to work. I started my first project last Monday, and so far it's been busy busy busy! There's so much to learn, and it's been baptism by fire. But I'm not complaining, because I'm exactly where I want to be (for now).

I got to meet many of my Communications & High Tech colleagues today at a community meeting in Jersey City, NJ. I took the ferry across the Hudson for the first time since I moved to NY. I wouldn't recommend it. I needed 30 minutes to get over my motion sickness. To top that off, as I was walking to the ferry, I got pooped on by a bird... again. This is the 5th time in my life. At least the poop only got on my bag, and not on my physical being like it was the last 4 times. Some say it is good luck, but I have yet to win a lucky draw or raffle. I literally get all the sh*t without the benefits.

Really huge gathering of more than 100 people. Kinda awkward for me, because people seemed to know each other from current projects, past projects, past meetings, etc. People I met were cool, but it is not the most comfortable position for me to be in, this whole professional networking thing. I suppose, if I want to survive, I'll need to get used to it. Maybe when I get to know people better, conversation will come easier. At our table, we had a long discussion about the birthing process (I did not contribute at all to this conversation, except for smiling and looking decorative), getting lucky at gambling/raffles, and debauchery at St Charles.

In the afternoon, I went bowling with other colleagues from my service group. That was also pretty fun, and I really like the people I met. The only problem (I always seem to have a problem with something) is that everyone was actually really good... except me!

Thanksgiving... I went back to Michigan to visit my Michigan family (Lizzo's family). Also got to hang out with my old college buddies (yay LAKE). 10 year reunion in a cool city in Europe? :)

That's about all that's gone on in my life so far. Always moving, always exciting. I am, afterall, living in NY. New York, the city that never sleeps with the same person two nights running.

Ah well, back to work. Hope everyone's doing well!

1 comment:

uraraa said...

birthing process? hehhh...
somehow i cant imagine u sitting ard n looking decorative.. i think that's more like wat i do most of the time.. :P