The housewarming party was a success! The three of us had our first bottle of champagne together, and we finished all of it before the guests started coming. I think the idea was to have a dignified wine and cheese party, but it turned into a big rowdy party with lots of very sloshed people. But that made everyone very friendly and amiable, and apparently, some were a little tooo friendly. I was advised by some people to sanitize the couch.
In addition to celebrating our official move, I was also celebrating my new job posting! I've been transferred to the department that deals with "workforce efficiency", which is exactly where I've wanted to be all this while. They deal with things like learning, training, job satisfaction, HR policies, change management etc. I'm really excited about my first job, which starts 2 days after I get back from training. I'll be based in NY for the next 3 months, which is exactly what I wanted. Can't complain, can't complain.
Which brings me to my next point. I'm now somewhere in a very rural part of Illinois. It seems rural anyway. Boot camp is for 2 weeks, "bonding" time. So far, it feels like freshman year all over again. We walk around in packs, we smile and are excited, we are on the lookout for new friends... People are walking around with their respective school sweatshirts. We had dinner, walked around inspecting the campus, and played pingpong in the game room. We had a crazy 3 set mixed doubles game with two new friends from the SF and London office.
Tomorrow is the start of the craziness. My weekend hasn't been the most perfect. Been trying to sort out some parts of my life, y'know. But I'm so glad I have this job to immerse myself in, and new friends that (though I'm not 100% comfy with), that I really like. As I said, can't complain.
Monday, November 06, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Congrats on getting the position of your choice Lady Lee!=) Seems like you are settling in well and having fun with your apt mates! Keep the fun going,ok? Hugz!
burn that couch, i say.
Post a Comment