Last weekend, my roommates and I dressed up as nerds for a halloween party. Ladies, it is a very efficient way of getting no guys to hit on you! Well, the only guy who hit on me was this Israeli guy called Meir, who also hit on my other roomie. He first lied that he was visiting from Israel and that this was his last weekend in NY. I'm not sure why. Later on in the night, he saw me again, and revealed that he lied (probably coz he was getting more and more drunk) and that he was actually the owner of a business that dealt with garage doors. He liked the "natural" and nerdy Asian look. hahaha.
After I first put on the costume, I started walking around like I had train tracks between my legs. The suspenders gave me such a big wedgie that I had no choice but to walk like that. And I was snorting and going "meep meep" all night, dancing with little coordination etc. I received much feedback from people about how naturally I looked the part of a nerd. At first, I was very proud coz I thought I was just a good actor. But after reflecting on the feedback, and looking at pics of myself, I'm not so sure that I was acting...
Last night, we went to watch the Halloween parade. It's this huge parade that runs from the East Village all the way up to 23rd and 6th (whatever neighborhood that is called). It woulda been more fun if my roomie didn't get punched in the arm by a girl trying to bust her way through the crowds, and if we were giants and could see over the crowd. What little we saw, I really liked. There were lots of fun floats (I saw mardi gras revellers, slutty women, KISS, and an egg + many sperm combo). I think next year, we're going to try to join the parade. That means we'll have to think of an awesome costume.
Anyway, pardon if my train of thought is a little off. I'm still not used to working life. haha. And I've had a tiring day trying to buy stuff for my apartment. I'm still doing it up. It's not 100% ready, but it's fun putting everything together. I miss my car though. It's tough hauling stuff from halfway across town. Time for bed now. In fact, it's way past my bedtime. Nitey nite all.
Thursday, November 02, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
oi, where are those potentially very entertaining nerdy pics babes? :) Shuming
Post a Comment