This is my second day of commuting to Murray Hills, NJ. 2 hours each way. I see this as a character building exercise. The good news is, there is plenty of bonding time with my colleagues.
The Jersey suburbia is quite a rich area. Berkeley Heights and all the other NJ cities (don't know the names) that I pass by on my commute from Summit Station to the Murray Hills office have HUGE houses, nice cars... That's about all that's cool about NJ so far. We were promised a really nice training facility and high tech mumbo-jumbo for all the troubles of our 2 hour commute. The best thing they have there are some plasma TVs and an x-box, none of which we have time to check out.
Training has been really hectic. We were suppose to complete 15 to 18 hours of training in the past 2 days, of which my class has completed about.... ummm... 6 of those hours. Partly because the system has been consistently breaking down, and partly because those supposed 15 to 18 hours are more like 30 to 40 hours. However, if I had the time, the material is actually pretty interesting and I would love to take more time to peruse my course matter.
Work clothing is just not me. I am dressed quite professionally everyday and I look pretty grown up. If I met my little cousins dressed like that, I think they'd call me Auntie. That sucks. Somehow though, wearing work clothes changes my behavior. I suppose it's the clothes along with the work environment. I am a real adult now, PEOPLE!!!
So I think people in NY are very deprived. haha. In the past few weekends, my roommates have gone to lounges/bars called Lava Gina (rearrange the space and put it right after "La"), Happy Ending, and Naked Lunch. And at dim sum the other day, we saw a bookshop in Chinatown with a huge banner that said "New BJ 99¢". Oh, and when I went running by Battery Park just now, I saw these sculptures that looked like a penis and boobs respectively. Seriously. I am not sure if it's just me....
And in final news, my room is almost complete!! I found the screws, the charger, and the pedal for my piano keyboard. I kept it in a "safe place" in my piano bag. hah hah. Damn those "safe places". And I also bought my bedside tables from Target. Now I just need more bath towels and a couple rugs, and to collect and hang my paintings up.
Wednesday, October 25, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
I keep looking at your blog, hoping to read something new and interesting. Work = not fun. It's such a nice day out here in SF. Wish I could be outside. Miss you Moo.
Karen, I haven't looked at your blog for some time, and I've missed quite something! And if I have the time, I'll come to your housewarming party ;) haha (Why not, it's only a few hours flight from Amsterdam...). Good luck over there. Marjolein
Oi. Save up on the fun for when im in town. :) 17th-27th DEC> FINALLY. Shu Ming
I would die laughing if I was there to witness some little asian kids calling you "Auntie". Die...
-H
Heh re: auntie-ness. We all have to get there some day, I think...
Although I must say the work wear at laredoute.com is seriously not bad. Yay for lycra in suits.
Post a Comment