Sunday, October 22, 2006

Would you like a Happy Ending?

This is the first weekend that I feel alive in New York. I think the alcohol from last night cleared my sinuses. The remedy is tried and true!!

Last night, I went to an Italian restaurant callled "English is Italian" to celebrate my roommate's birthday. It was named as such because the last name of one of the chefs/owners is English, but he's really Italian. Geddit?

After dinner, we went to this bar called Happy Ending. It's a former erotic massage parlor (brothel) turned lounge. It was a cool concept, but so crowded and there was no space to dance. I did have a few old friends hang with me that night though, and it was so nice seeing them. (Earlier that day, I asked my colleagues if they wanted to go to Happy Ending. Most of them looked shocked and mortified, and I think they were trying to avoid me for the rest of the day.)

Later on in the night, we went to Piano bar at the lower east side. On the way there, we were led by my very manly alpha male friend who wouldn't consult the group as to where he was going. Finally, when he realized he wasn't sure (but still wouldn't let on to the rest of the group), he decided to ask a bunch of random people squatting by the side of the street. By that time, we had taken a nice big loop around the neighbourhood, and people were tired and detoxing. Well done, Alex. Piano was really fun though. Chill crowd, lots of space to dance, zero cover!

Tonight, I built my Ikea furniture. I finally have a real room!! Now, I'm just sitting on my new Poang chair and admiring my room. I tried to fix up my keyboard (the piano, not the computer type), but sadly, found out that the screws for the piano stand had probably fallen out during customs check. :(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Everyone loves happy endings. Unless you're sadistic... or you're miserable and you want everyone else to be miserable. if this is you- tsk. should be ashamed of yourself.