I'm almost at the end of my first week of training now. I've hardly had time to catch my breath, and I can't believe that it's already been 2 weeks in the city. I've noticed that people at my apartment complex have dogs, some damn big ones too. Hell, people all around the city have dogs. Probably because it's a pretty lonely city. I wonder when I'm going to get my dog. I have been getting a little lonely here from time to time, even though it's only 2 weeks. I miss the comforts of Singapore, of Ann Arbor. Old friends. That kinda thing.
However, my apartment and my roommates saved my life. I heart my apartment and my roommates! We have a really nice place situated on southern tip of Manhattan, and it's a very homey living situation. All our furniture is getting in on Saturday, and once we fix up our place, it's going to be a very exciting time. My roommates are currently my social life, and basically, I tag along wherever they decide to go. hah hah. It's been good, coz I've been so busy trying to settle in, that I haven't found the time to figure out what I want to do and where I want to hang out.
So at dinner last night, I was trying to describe what my office building looked like. And I told them that it was on 6th, and had two giant water ball fountain kinda things. Luan was very quick to point out that my building is probably modeled after a penis. Welcome to New York, where everyone needs a little lovin'.
Other than that, training has been very confusing and I can barely focus. I really do have an attention span issue. I'm dreading the day I need to sit through client meetings that last for more than 30 minutes, and where I have to pretend that I am really focusing. I'm in trouble, aren't I?
Friday, October 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment