It's been a beautiful Christmas. First let me start by serenading everyone with a belated Singaporean Christmas song.
Last Christmas I gave you my heart
But the very next day you gave me a kueh
This year, to save me from tears
I'll go to Bengawan Solo
For a live performance, call the cell. :-D
I spent a lot of time with la familia. Even though we usually sit in silence half the time, I think they've actually been making an effort to speak! I realize where I get my inclinations to story-tell from, and I realize also where I get my special abilities to re-tell the stories like I've never told them before (to the same audience, no less). At Christmas Eve dinner, my dad goes, "...Have I told you guys about the South African girl I met on the plane? The one who's dad got murdered?" "Yes dad, only twice before. In the past week."
I also hung with Singapore's Handsomest Boys and my girlfriends on Christmas eve. It was accidentally a bit of a late night. Sorta. I really didn't care about sleep since I wasn't gonna be kiting. Other than the usual clubs we hit up that night, I started off at this new bar in town opened by an Asian-American called Chris. It's called Nickel and Dime, and is located at Upp Bk Timah. Nice place to chill out, though a bit far for an Eastie like me.
Have to get to my work. Leaving for HK tomorrow afternoon and I don't want to be stuck with a pile of work (or leave my colleagues with my sh*t to clean up). In the meantime, I've also been listening to this song.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDYIoyYoHnc
Yes, I know I am slow. haha. I like songs 5 months after they are made popular. My kiting friend made an excellent point while this song was on repeat all the way to Jason's Bay - David Cook turned it around from bubblegum to hook up.
By the way, this stuff cannot be made up: I was just looking out my office window at Swissotel across the street. There were two men standing at the balcony completely naked and chilling out. They must be Scandinavian. And no, I did NOT take any photos of them....
Friday, December 26, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment