Monday, December 22, 2008

I'll be more interesting after the season's over

Right now, to be honest, nothing interests me more than kiting. My routine until the end of the NE monsoon (end-Feb) will be kiting at the beach all weekend. Sunday was a pretty kick-ass day of winds, as far as Singapore winds go anyway.

Almost crashed into another kiter because I couldn't brake on time, and words came out of my mouth that I never knew existed. Later on, he introduced himself to me. As I reached out to shake his hand, my bikini top came undone. These things cannot be made up. I gave a stranger a free show. I should've exchanged for cash.

I was also kiting towards the bay downwind when the wind died and my kite crashed. My friend RQ was just downwind and his kite crashed too. I heard him scream like a little girl and I peered out trying to figure out if he was alive or getting tangled in lines (or something equally bad. He seemed fine so I just focused on rescuing myself. Later on, I found out that he was being reeled in by a fisherman and his hook (thankfully only caught on his harness). I think the fisherman thought he caught a big one. A mer-man, if you will.

Eventful day. Can't wait till I go out again on Wednesday. Unfortunately, no mysterious stranger. I can always dream. Well, I shall go dream about exquisitely beautiful kiteboarders now. Buenas noches.

1 comment:

pjteh said...

Has anyone told you your blog is hilarious?

Especially the stuff that you cannot make up, like naked Scandinavians at Singapore's Swissotel.... hahaha