Sunday, December 14, 2008

Another new beginning

It's about 11pm on Sunday night here in Singapore, and I'm contemplating what life will be like once work starts tomorrow. It's been a while and I might potentially have forgotten how painful it is to work. I can't complain though, it's been a really great few weeks in Singapore. I complain because it's more fun that way.

This week I got to go on a kickass kite trip with my new kiting friends. We headed north to an area near Jason's Bay in Johor Bahru. Although some of the locals stole a pair of flip flops and our beer, the kiting was awesome. Huge launch area, good winds, no sand flies. I kited in calm waters, in chops, and erm, belly flopped in the big waves. Did a 20 minute walk of shame because I couldn't handle the chops, but it was so worth it! And some of you know how I love doing sports in inclement weather. There's nothing like kiting when the wind and rain is beating down, and that's what happened @ Jason's. Love the people I was with - a bunch of pilots who all had days off and are crazy about kiting.

Other than that, I also got to kite at Changi this weekend. Omg. I am SO HAPPY! It's near my house, nice big area, and unbelievable that there are winds in Singapore! :) Twin even got to kite a little. haha. Hard core. Straight from the airport to the beach.

Went out at night with our new kiting friend from Portugal and the usual gang. Well, the ladies seem like the usual gang these days since I'm always with them. Attica wasn't a bad place at all. I was just thinking about it, and I guess partying in Singapore is tame, so it's really about the people that I hang with. I guess I'll have to work on surrounding myself with fabulous people. haha.

Anyway, I should probably head to bed soon since I'll be starting my new life tomorrow. Keep your eyes peeled for lots of b*tching and whining.

No comments: