... of which I'm not a member of. I pretty much came to Vegas on a whim. The timing was right, the company was right, and I had a 3 night stay at a very swanky hotel. Surprisingly, in spite of the numerous activities I have partook in, it's been very relaxing. I have never been a big fan of Vegas, largely because I'm just not a gambler. That statement is still true. I think it's such a waste to gamble money away because you really get nothing tangible out of it (unless you make money). But of course, there are exceptions for if you actually WIN in Vegas. So far, my sis and I have been in the red. Not sure how much more gambling we'll do.
I must say though, no offence to my family, but Vegas is so much better when you travel without parents. Of course, I did my fair share of gambling. First night, I won "big" at the slots in Deal or No Deal. Then the next day, lost at both craps and War. War might be one of the dumbest games that a casino could conceivably host. It's basically Indian poker but at a table with a dealer, and instead of betting drinks, you bet your hard earned money. But maybe even dumber than War is strip poker. I mean, I'm sure strip poker is fun if you're into sexual foreplay and cavorting with your lover. But at a casino?? As Sue aptly put, you'll probably be with a buncha drunk girls dressed in short skirts and dresses. So, I probably have what they have and I just can't see what the fun of that might be. Don't hate me. That's just my personal opinion.
I also admired the sights of Caesar's Palace and the Venetian. It's like visiting Rome and Venice all over again. Just couldn't get enough the first time. Rialto, Palazzo Ducale, Grand Canal, the Forum, Fountain of Trevi... ahh, wonderful memories of a time not too long ago. Actually, a time barely 1.5 months ago. Feels like so much has happened since then.
Oh, Oh, Oh, yes I went to watch O. Cirque du Soleil. Probably the most spectacular and aesthetically splendid performance I've ever seen. I've watched Saltimbanco, Corteo and Mystere before this. The performance is set to a water backdrop, and I loved how they infused the sounds of the water in their music. However, I think the acrobatics were just not as impressive as the other shows I've watched. For me, Mystere ranks right at the top in terms of gymnastic abilities and acrobatic choreography.
Oh, but today was by far the best day of the Vegas trip. We decided to go to tanning by the pool. Turns out there was a Tao beach party all day. The Tao nightclub at the Venetian has a beach party every Sunday during summer weather, from 10am to sunset. So basically, we lazed by the pool all day, sun tanning, enjoying our summer drinks, soaking in the outdoor hot tub. Less is best. Those pictures, probably not one for facebook.
We have one more hour to our Bouchon reservation. I basically think we don't even have to leave the Venetian today. Works for me. Back to work in Houston tomorrow. Till my next adventure.
Monday, October 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
on the contrary.... i think those pics would be very appropriate for facebook =)
Next time tell me that you are going to Vegas which is a short four hour drive from me! I heart Vegas.
Post a Comment