Monday, December 03, 2007

Mental check-out

Sorry to the two people who read my blog, for the long absence of new entries. Even my one faithful reader has turned to bridge to fill the void in my absence. Mostly, I've been too mentally exhausted to think about anything besides work (copious amounts of self-imposed work hours) and my immediate life (what to eat, what to wear, should I comb my hair...)

Thankfully, I've spent the last two weeks in NY. It was a much prayed-for and much needed break from travel (even though I worked like a lean mean work machine). Although tomorrow, I am heading back to TX, I think I'm more mentally prepared now.

I've been complaining a lot about my life recently. I even have this running thought through my mind that maybe, I just want to be a good housewife to a nice man who is willing and able to financially support two. Hmm, but that idea quickly fizzled when I received a gchat response to my advertisement for said nice man, with several friends offering instead to be house husbands if I was willing to support them. That's an idea I might toy with, except I am still a bit of a control freak at heart and I still like things in my home just so. :)

There's a lot to be thankful for though, especially in light of the recently celebrated season of Thanksgiving. This was the first time I didn't see my Michigan family *tear* but a great precedence was set right here in NYC. The food was not unlike the motley crew of international students that celebrated Thanksgiving at my apartment that day. We numbered 11-strong, and ravaged through a yummy smorgasbord of Singaporean delights (laksa, curry and bak ku teh), turkey and the amazing stuffing, salad, chinese food from Flushing, pumpkin pie with ice cream, 1-week old M&Ms, and wine! Great conversation and company sealed the deal for an amazing Thanksgiving night. It was topped off with a Sex and the City sleepover with one of my gfs. Geez, I haven't had a sleepover since probably I was in JC. Crashing because you have no where to live doesn't count.

What else. Ah, yes, I also got to meet up with my old college buddies. Spent the day after with Alli-O, who's now offically a lawyer at the FEC! Woohoo! F as well, who I haven't seen in ages because she's been busy jet setting around Tibet, France...

Lets see, I also went out with my roomies for a downtown Japanese dinner followed by Nic's bday party in the UWS at a bar called Social. Met a bunch of work people leftover from the community event, but didn't find a way to get in on the company tab at the bar. :P And the next day, I went for my first salsa social since Michigan more than a year ago. It turned out to be super fun! I wish I could go today, but alas, work beckons. :\

Mm, and last night, I went to the NY production of Cirque. A bit of a trippy experience. A much more coherent storyline than all the other Cirque shows I went to watch, but not as much of the acrobatic prowess was showcased in this production. Overall, it was alright but I wouldn't highly recommend it. It fell short compared to the others.

Oh and how can I complain when, in spite of the lack of time spent in NY, I got to see the first snowfall of the year! :)

So overall, I have had some semblence of life even though work was brutal. I'm praying and hoping that the hard work has paid off so it will be more manageable in the next few weeks. What's new with you?

3 comments:

ayesha said...

You are such a busy, crazy lady! Miss you.

Anonymous said...

cant be 2 readers la. i read too!

uraraa said...

me too!! *hmphh**