Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Dallas yee hah

My first weekend in NY since I don't know when was awesome. It was a little crazy, I won't lie. But I can't complain. Hung out with people I care about, ate good food, got to do laundry in my own apartment, slept in my own bed. The really hard thing to adjust to is eating out all the time. Since I started this travel thing, there's just so little time and I don't know when I'd find the time to go to Chinatown to grocery shop and cook and all that. It's time-consuming to think about where to eat all the time. But I must confess, it's quite fun and festive and social! I love having meals paired with good conversations.

This is my second week in Texas. Slowly getting back into the groove of work and life. Tried half the night to get my Italy pictures up, but facebook decided to hang up on me. Dallas mosquitoes really like me, even though the Italian ones... not so much. Fine by me. I have the TV on the entire time that I'm at the hotel. I quite like having CNN running, but if I hear about Britney Spears and custody of her kids again, I will definitely not be barn dancing with joy. Travelling is really quite lonely. I go back after work and I'm on my own eating take out. Actually, I kinda like that right now. I am enjoying having the time to myself to do my thing. I've been needing quite a bit of alone time after the crazy Italy journey. I wish I brought my tennis shoes and that I had a tennis partner, and that the swimming pool was bigger, and that I didn't injure my leg so I can run outdoors in this lovely weather. It's just something to get used to - it's the life I chose.

On a brighter note, I'm going to Vegas with friends for the first time (always only been with family). Over email today, my travel buddy emails me:

A: "Booked my flight to LA already! woohoo! I'll be arriving at 6:30 PM on Friday from LAX and departing at 2PM on Sunday to get into the east coast by midnight."
Me: "Dude u on crack? I'm going to Vegas!!!"
A: "what airport is vegas???"
Me: "…"

Oh, and for dinner tonight, I went to this restaurant called May Dragon and I met the Taiwanese mayor of Addison county! Apparently, he owns the restaurant right next to my hotel. Rubbing shoulders with the rich and powerful, that's the way I groove. :D

No comments: