It's been a rather overwhelming two weeks in terms of life changes. The first of the changes is that I'll be moving on to a new job at the end of March. I've been toying with the idea for quite a while now and things started happening right before Chinese New Year. I'll be moving to an in-house HR role in search of that greater meaning that I think a job should derive. It's a new company and there's a lot that needs to be shaped and moulded and I see the opportunities in that. What really happens remains to be seen, but for now, I'm very fueled by possibility. The second of the changes is that I've started to see a certain gentleman rather frequently. However, unfortunately, I'm going to have to save the deets for more personal conversations.
And in other news, I think my plan to capture stories about my family is going to fall through. I put in a request over dinner but was veto-ed, with my dad saying, we're private people. I was not planning to PUBLISH a book about him. I just want to know. What's so difficult? But now that I told him my plan, he's really not going to provide any material. And my mum's stories... hmmm.. much to be desired. She was telling me about my grandmother being very feisty, and said, well, there was once a guy tried to steal from her seamstress shop. Ah mah was so fierce you know, she started running after this man who was stealing her stuff. Mummy remembers her running and running and yelling at him. And that was the end of the story.
Anyway, it's time for me to go enjoy the pouring rain and read my new book. Beautiful Sunday. We'll catch up again soon.
Sunday, March 01, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
i see i only warrant one piddly sentence. that's tough.
this is not a weekly update. :-(
Wow I just realized you update your blog relatively regularly. Kudos to you! If I update my own blog regularly then we don't even need to catch up... hehe
I'm trying to capture my own family history as well. It runs from my father being born in China, being smuggled to Singapore, meeting a butcher girl (my mum) and living happily ever after. Sort of.
Post a Comment