Friday, February 13, 2009

Weekly update

It's been a long long week in the world of me.

- Had four doctor visits within a span of 18 hours on Mon and Tues: first to my GP for what I thought was an eye infection from 3 weeks ago and a badly bruised ankle, then to East Shore for an ankle xray, GP to look at my xray and tell me that everything was alright 'cept for badly damaged soft tissue, and finally to the eye centre where I found out that I developed a mild allergy to my contacts. RGP lenses, I will have to spend the next month missing your in-the-face behavior.

- However, GP was very impressed by my 52 bps heart rate.

- At the rate I've been working though, my heart rate might be twice that and stress level through the roof. I mean, which client should have the heart to schedule a 1am to 3am call on a Saturday AM / Friday PM... Anyway, I managed to change that to Thursday PM/ Friday AM next week. But STILL.

- I took the bus all by myself from the east coast to Ang Mo Kio. It only took me one hour and I passed by so many neighborhoods in the north, including Serangoon. Now I finally know how to get to my grandmother's house at St Helier's, after 25+ years of going there by car.

- Got up at 2am to puke my lungs out and had stomach spasms. MUMMMYYYYYYYY. That was my war cry. Weak. Very weak. I could have at least gone down with more pride and honour, but alas, I really didn't.

- I'm not kiteboarding for the next few weeks, or tennis, for that matter. Soft tissue damage on left ankle will prevent that. Sadness. Can anyone suggest something to curb my boredom?

- I took action to curb potential boredom. Been looking for Cranium, and discovered Cranium WOW. But apparently it's hot stuff in Singapore coz NOBODY carries it in their stores.

- Got lots of work to do, which means I guess I can't be that bored this weekend coz I'll have to finish it over the weekend!

- My stuff finally came in from NY after a 2.5 month delay. I love you, stuff.

- Lots of progress on my next big idea.

- So actually, I have spent time in between work and sleep thinking of fun things to do. I feel like I've been very uninspiring since I got back here. So anyway, here are a few small projects I'm undertaking in my "spare time".

1) Attempting to finish my Rach prelude (round #3), and

2) Collecting a seriesof short stories and memories about my grandparents. That's the first in a series. The second will be stories about my parents. And then finally my siblings. Figured since I like telling stories so much, and since I like my family so much, I should just allow the two to coexist in the same realm at the same time. Wild, I know.

Ok, back to work now. Keep your eyes peeled coz you never know what to expect from me.

3 comments:

lizzo said...

awww, dear one... we even got sick in the same week. (though mine was not nearly as bad as yours -- sounds terrible! pobrecita.)

and i'm sure your stuff loves you too. :) can't wait to hear about your next big adventure!

Mushroom the Wanderer and the Loping Lingonberry said...

eee stories about your siblings...

PJ said...

At least your GP is impressed.... here was my dialogue with my GP:

GP: "Eh, your heart rate is quite slow eh?"
Me: "... isn't that a good thing?"
GP: "Only if you're in shape lah."