Thursday, September 18, 2008

Crash zone

Apparently everything's crashing. I'm sure you might have heard about Lehman, Merrill, AIG... and now maybe Morgan Stanley? Still feeling pretty down. I think it's still the sheer intimidation of what's ahead of me. I'm packing up now coz I'm doing Stockholm this weekend and Nice for the week. Really excited to go, but realize that leaves me little time to think, once again. I've made very little progress on the job front, although... I have started looking into shipping companies for all my stuff.

In happier news, last weekend, my RJ friend and I participated in the NYC City Chase. The Fearsome Twosome, that's what we were called. From the result spreadsheet, it seems like we did pretty well. We worked hard to complete our race in a time of 5:33:45. Some of the challenge highlights:

- Tickling the bare foot of a stranger
- Persuading someone to piggy back us around the Wall St bull
- Singing the star spangled banner while wearing the lady liberty crown and holding a dumbbell
- Ping pong at the Fat Cat - Chunnie had hands on hips and I had to act as her hands
- Chunnie eating a live worm... (yeah I know)
- Leapfrogging with a fellow Wolverine I picked off the street
- Getting a really big dude to do 3 cartwheels (being big wasn't a prerequisite)
- Kayaking on the Hudson
- Getting undressed and wearing t-shirts and shorts backwards

Today, I went to visit the Museum of Sex. Eeps! It was definitely enlightening. "Homosexual hemophilia". Double whammy! "When youth and youth meet, it's a party." Burlesque, birds with 45cm penises, corsettes that cinch waists to 19", patented products that prevent males from morning ejaculations... And of course, mention of porn movies that defined sexuality, including the infamous Deep Throat (of which I am the proud owner...although I think the DVD is somewhere in Cadillac, MI, with my ex-roomie coz I was too afraid of touching it).

Otherwise, it's probably time to sleep now. Have to pack up in the morning for Stockholm/Nice. Toodles.

No comments: