Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Beware: Construction Zone Ahead

As I secretly feared but dare not admit, I am crashing from the initial high that I got from semi-retirement. It's the fact that now my life is quiet and I have time to hear my own thoughts. In other words, I have to actually deal with the issues in my life. No outlet to escape today. I guess that's why I feel so restless and a little down. No kiting to look forward to (weather sucks today) and lots of business to take care of. Sooner rather than later, I'm going to have to start packing up my place, figure out what I'm taking back and what I'm leaving behind.

The big question that's been keeping me up at night is, what's next? Whenever I come to crossroads like this, which I have done several times in the past few years, I'm absolutely out of my comfort zone. I like having structure and having a plan, none of which I have right now. So for right now, mushu under construction.

Can't be sitting around waiting for life to happen, so this is the start of my list of 101 things to do in semi-retirement:

1) Sort out job
2) Kite
3) Brush up spanish for Sudamerica
4) Volunteer
5) Finish Rach prelude
6) Fountainhead
7) Tennis
8) Clean up room
9) Trip to Nice/Stockholm
10) Find sugar daddy/mommy (I'm non-discriminatory in this case) to support foray into the Herve Leger Spring '08 collection

To be continued...

No comments: