Friday, August 29, 2008

Another milestone

Today marks another milestone in the life of the big bad mushu. Well, actually, it marks many milestones in the life of me. Where do I begin?

1) Charleston, SC

Last weekend marked the second trip to the South that I took with my JC friend (although we established that neither of us are in the other's top 10 friends, or top 100 for that matter). Moosue, mushu and raffles rugger trooped around Charleston, South Carolina, in search of the best Southern accents (actually that was all me) and shrimp & grits (RR). Highlights of the trip include surviving the weather backlash from the outer rain bands of Tropical Storm Fay, eating so many oysters (that moosue and I broke out into hives), Jestine's, Hank's, Slightly North of Broad (SNOB), Folly Beach... and of course, Wild Wing Cafe with our talented but sick cover band group.

Give me the beat, boys, and free my soul
I wanna get lost in your rock 'n roll and drift away...

Can't beat our luck. We were at Folly Beach and happened to witness a wedding. moosue and I even took a picture with the happy couple... but they weren't too excited to be around us. Pics will be up on FB very soon. I promise!

2) South America

While in Charleston on a slightly debaucherous Friday night / Sat morning, I bought a ticket to South America. So before I depart for Singapore, I will finally get to hang with my fellow amigos. Andale andale arriba arriba! Oct 29 - NYC to GIG (Rio), Nov 13 - EZE (Buenos Aires) to NYC. Nothing in between has been planned yet, but I'm sure something good will happen. :-D

3) Last day of work

Today's my last day of work up in Rochester. Well, yesterday was last day at client. Will miss the people. Don't know what's next, but, just like South America, I'm sure something good will happen.

4) Reality TV and Naked Bowling

I'll be participating in a reality show on Sep 13 with Chunnie. The Fearsome Twosome! The biggest competition we have will be Rice Rice Baby. We will prevail. I have heard that some years, they had naked bowling as one of their challenges. Since Chunnie and I already ran through central park in our underwear together, I feel that we are ready for the next step.

5) Nike Human Race

Really psyched for my first 10K race this Sunday, followed by All American Rejects concert after that.

Alrighty, gotta run for haircut now, but keep your eyes peeled. This blog will hopefully be updated more now that I'm once again a lady of leisure. Kisses, besos, bisous, erm, and in chinese, wen bie?

No comments: