That's pretty much been the last few months for me. Things were quite heated between the end of May and now. Two major recruitment drives and thousands of job seekers later, we're powering ahead.
Other than work, I started playing tennis again. A colleague started learning how to play tennis (that's how good my standard is) so I've started to play more with him and his tennis friends. Trying to get my old tennis friends to play too, but that's quite an effort. So much easier to join in someone else's game.
And I have also been frequenting this bar called Stereo Lounge at Pan Pacific. It's a new lounge that just opened. I went twice in the past 3 weeks cos they serve happy hour drinks until 8pm along with these fabulous mini burgers. I'm going again tomorrow night with some colleagues. Come join if you're free!
Oh, and of course, I also went to Mumbai for my friend's wedding - July 10 to 12. Was suppose to go with Ms Chin, but KENA TUA (again)! I found out an hour before boarding the plane that her visa was not made. It's ok. I'm still waiting for my big dinner treat. The wedding was fun. I mostly hung with the bride's family, and got dressed in a sari for the first time. At the wedding itself, the groom's party was making a lot of noise, dancing around and all that. But the bride's party had to stand quietly near the banquet room watching the groom's party have all the fun. Then when the couple was ready, the bride's party had to carry these candles and stand in a line welcoming the groom in. While being demure was not my forte, I still had a lot of fun. Everyone there was so nice and friendly to me, I think esp cos Trish made them take care of me. I talked to everyone from Uncles to Aunties to cousins to friends of friends... And I even saw some old Mich folks that I hadn't seen in a while (not particularly close to) but still nice to see familiar faces. I also had a big golden pillar fall on me when I went up on stage to congratulate the couple. The scars are still there. There was this little Indian girl dancing around the pillar and then she accidentally pushed it over and ran away, leaving me to prevent the big golden pillar from falling with my super strong and muscular forearm. The price I pay for doing good for mankind.
And in other news, one of my ex-es got married. I didn't think about him for such a long time! And then these photos came by (we all have to love FB). I mean, I had such a negative impression of him where we left off that I didn't bother trying to keep in touch (even though he reached out a couple of times). He really wasn't the person for me and obviously never will be. On many levels, I went through the years blaming him. I'm sure some of the trouble might have been caused by me too though. And maybe if it were someone else going out with the me from the past, it wouldn't have worked out either. However, I am very happy that he found the person he wants to spend the rest of his life with. From the photos, it sure looks like pure happiness. I even noticed that he did a wedding dance (he never dances). If I were any less awesome, I would have teared as I thumbed through the photos.
In my own world, things are well with my special person. I went up to TJ again during the national day weekend and got to see his pad. It's a nice place, though tucked in the middle of a very not exciting city. My only real complaint is that the bathroom has long glass panels and is situated in the living room. Makes for quite awkward guest encounters. Oh, and he had a national day dinner followed by a work meeting. So I was made to attend the national day dinner, but then had to be "quietly ushered" away from the work dinner so he could attend the work meeting. Obviously I took the opportunity to prance around his apartment while skyping my BFF. Oooh and how could I forgot, we went to the great wall!! That was really fun. I've been meaning to go and was glad we finally made the trip down. One tip: wear good shoes. Slippers just don't cut it. I know this from personal experience.
Anyway, time to wash up and get ready for a night of tennis. And still nursing some newly developed allergies (my sinuses are all blocked up). Poor me.
Sunday, September 13, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment