Thursday, April 26, 2007

My afterlife

So after my near-death experience, things went absolutely crazy. Work-wise, I am rolling off my project after a good 5 month run. Will be rolling onto a new project next week. I'm going to be in Seattle next week for work. It was pretty much my ideal work situation. I'm going to be in NY for spring/summer!

I haven't had time to update my blog much, because I had this "carpe diem" attitude after the near-accident. I haven't really quite slowed down since Easter. Yesterday and today are the only nights I've stayed in since then.

So highlights:

Watched Spamalot last week, and John Legend this week. I love going for concerts/musicals/operas, and these were really expensive tix! The sweet thing about them was that... they were all free. :) Now I'm a big fan of John Legend. Great performer.

Talk about random - I've visited Roosevelt Island. Went with my Uncle to see apartments there. Wasn't very impressed, but I got to take a tram across the waterway, and try out something new.

I enjoyed the sunshine this past weekend at Singapore Day. Took my two buddies to have some Hainanese Chicken Rice. Saw a lot of my Singaporean friends there, and had a blast catching up (i.e. small talk). Oh, I was really excited when this cool chick two years older than me (from RJC) recognized me, waved and talked to me! hahaha. It's like I was a young impressionable girl again. I was like, who me? You're talking to me? hehe.

I've also explored some pretty cool areas in NY, and scouted for nice chill out locations. Rooftop bar with very expensive drinks (but very chilled/cool atmosphere), yuppie bar (also) with very expensive drinks but spacious and laid back, food places... blah blah blah.

The other day, I was on the phone talking to the operator. Now they have these voice recognition customer service reps. They still need algorithms to operate, and so one of them said "If you don't know your ID, please say 'I don't know'", "If you don't have your card number, please say 'I don't know'", "If you don't know which department you want to speak to, please say 'I don't know'"... after a few rounds of "I don't know", I was starting to get very demoralized. Think they need a better phrase, like, "I'm awesome!" or something more uplifting.

I also took my consultant to the hospital today. She has cellulitis - blood infection. Anyway, she could barely walk so I stayed with her till she was admitted. But while waiting for her, I was in the waiting room. All of a sudden, three fairly intimidating looking men chained in bolts and shackles walk in and sit near me. I got a bit nervous, especially since two of them kept looking intently at their cuffs. Didn't want to be their ticket out of St Vincent. :D

So I think many other cool things happened to me in the 3 weeks I haven't blogged, but I can't think of them now. Probably also because I am just freakin tired and need some rest. I'll think of it and share again.

I was asked to post pictures, but as a rule of thumb, I try not to identify. However, I do have pictures and plan to post them. So if you read my blog and you care for my pictures, send me an email! I'll be happy to share. I just don't want my employers to fire me for things I say, or my stalkers to have pictures of me.

Anyway, exhaustion is setting in once again. Sorry for not sharing much these days. I need to stop overdoing this going out thing. But know that I'm doing very well in NY. Loving NY, loving my work, loving my room, and yes, still single (and not dating).

2 comments:

uraraa said...

ooohhh john legend!!.. lucky girl!! i think he's super talented n not too mention cute, esp. in his custom made armani suits.. ooohhh
it's nice to see u're going out n enjoying life!:P

mushu said...

yes yes he def does the suits justice. haha. as the night went on, he took off more and more. well, it was really from a suit jacket to a t-shirt, and then to a wifebeater. hehehe. at one point, he was looking for a girl in the audience to slow dance with. Turned out to be this large set older woman. But man, he slow danced with her!! Hmm, I wonder if he's married. If not, I'm on the market. hahaha.