Monday, April 09, 2007

The Day I Almost Died

I was going to write about my normal weekend, how I went for a massage Friday, bar on Saturday... But then, I had a pretty horrific scare today. So instead, I'm going to tell you about a car accident this morning that almost got me killed.

My friend and I had just finished dim sum in Chinatown, and we were walking down Bowery, trying to catch a taxi. Couldn't find a cab, so started walking to the bus stop. We looked left and right, there were no cars, and so we started jay walking across the road. I even said, "We're Chinese. We can walk where we want!" As we approached the other side, close to where stationary cars were parked, I heard a screech coming from the opposite side. I turned my head to look, and saw a car flying at 80 mph (prob more) towards the side of the road we were on. The car slammed into the concrete divider, but was going so fast that it kept flying. It crashed into two stationery taxis parked along Bowery. We were only TWO cars away from the crash! Was so nervous that I walked away from the scene.

So, I've decided life is too short to work this hard. I didn't work all day. I think I will slow down and smell the roses. Instead, I played my keyboard all day. My band is almost ready for me! My boss'll understand. :D

Oh, and strangely, last night, I got a proposition to start an '80s pop band. hah hah.

No comments: