So I sorta stopped taking the effort to update since Ayesh wrote on my facebook that I update too much. Is she saying I'm a loser coz I'm in NY, the city of opportunity, but yet I spend my time blogging? Well, I'm over that now, and I'm back again. Hope you enjoyed those quotes from my roomies (I would NEVER say things like that). Oh, but today I got another good one, and can't resist sharing it.
I asked my friend why he couldn't find a nice Michigan woman to settle down with. This was his response (no prizes for guessing who said it if you went to college with me):
"i can't find anyone in Detroit because they're all the size of small barn animals and have the dancing abilities of the average north american grizzly bear."
Anyway, since I last updated, many things happened, many thoughts came to my mind. I wish I could recall them all and share, but I can't. So I'll do my best.
I asked my friend why he couldn't find a nice Michigan woman to settle down with. This was his response (no prizes for guessing who said it if you went to college with me):
"i can't find anyone in Detroit because they're all the size of small barn animals and have the dancing abilities of the average north american grizzly bear."
Anyway, since I last updated, many things happened, many thoughts came to my mind. I wish I could recall them all and share, but I can't. So I'll do my best.
- I watched La Boheme at the Met. By far, the grandest stage production I've watched yet. If anyone's watched this before, the street scene in La Boheme was amazing! I think I'm addicted to the Opera.
- I realize that I've met way more cool girls than guys in the time that I have been in NY. For a city that has a male:female ratio of 7:3, that's bad news for the men. My friend asked me to consider turning lesbian. I'm still thinking about it.
- Anyone who's talked to me in the past week or so must realize that one of the best things that's happened to me is that I learned how to take the bus to work! Now, the M9 and the M20 are my BFF. I get to see Times Square on my way to and from work. Being able to see scenery through the windows just enhances the experience that much more. Nobody in NY really knows how to take the bus, so not many people take it. Hence, no need to fight with the crowds for seats, to get on the bus etc. It's awesome.
- Also, my ex-colleagues from Michigan came. I've never spent that much time with them outside of work, but it was really nice seeing old friends. Had good food, good laughs, catching up, partying.
- The only downside to the weekend was that my wallet got stolen at no malice palace. Sad face. Don't want to talk about it, but it IS causing me a bit of grief. Through the grieving process, I managed to have some laughs. I was on the phone with MTA to get a reimbursement for my farecard, and one of the quotes on their recording (while they put me on hold) was: "A bus weighs 30,000 lbs. Crossing in front of a bus can cause serious injury." Seriously? I had NO IDEA!
- And as a special tribute to my best man friend for 2 months, Jeremy Foo, before he decided to move to London and abandon me here, I MISS YOU! I gave you a card, didn't I??? (he complained that I never blogged about him, so I'm just trying to make up for it. Not doing a very good job, am I?) 我們 永遠 支持 你!
- And as a special tribute to my best man friend for 2 months, Jeremy Foo, before he decided to move to London and abandon me here, I MISS YOU! I gave you a card, didn't I??? (he complained that I never blogged about him, so I'm just trying to make up for it. Not doing a very good job, am I?) 我們 永遠 支持 你!

No comments:
Post a Comment