I'm so cool that I went to the meatpacking district again on Thursday night. This time, I accompanied my girlfriend to PM Lounge, on Gansevoort. What a weird street name. Anyway, the lounge was really chill, free flow of vodka and champagne from 9-11pm. I was celebrating the birthday party of a personal trainer from Crunch that I didn't know. But I also did make a promise that I'd hang out with my girlfriend, so I went. It turned out to be a very interesting crowd. I don't have many black friends, but half the party there was black. The majority of the other half were asians. Mostly asian girls. Go figure the yellow fever thing. I guess I was one of the numbers.
Anyway, we were talking to this guy, and he said, hey your friend (this Beijing girl) keeps giving me attitude, what's up with that. When he turns away, she looks at us and tells us in chinese, yeah, that's coz he has a wife and FIVE kids! And he's here partying with all these girls. That's why "我给他一点颜色看." haha. Another weird character I met that night was a lawyer who graduated from Notre Dame, and amongst other weird questions/topics of conversation, he asked me "Do you do drugs?" "Eugene, this is hardly appropriate for a first conversation. Do YOU do drugs?" "No." "Oh..." And then there was, "So do you like girls?" "Are you asking if I'm lesbian? Again, another inappropriate question." "(ignores my comment) So have you ever kissed a girl?" "I don't really want to answer this question. Have you?" "Yes." "Oh ok. Interesting..." Very pointless conversation, but entertaining to talk about.
Friday, I hung out with my work buddies. The troublemaking trio headed down to K-town for some yummy spicy noodles and korean BBQ at Kunjip. Then we went to Maru, a random swanky but not crowded lounge right next to Kunjip. Had the Korean version of vodka, called soju. A yogurt soju drink. Really like the atmosphere there, and there was this one cute waiter... hah hah. Ended the night with mochi red beans at the Korean bakery right down the road. Next ethnic neighborhood exploration will be either greek, argentinia, filipino, or nigerian. That's the ethnic composition of my two work buddies. They're so exotic compared to me. hah hah. But 100% chinese and proud of it!!
Saturday, I spent my day hanging out with more work people. Free ice skating session at Bryant Park, that mostly involved teaching Angel how to ice skate. Thank goodness for our slow pace though, coz it was raining, the ice was slushy, and we witnessed several casualties in the hour that we were ice skating. Had an unexpectedly fun post-ice skating outing with a couple other analysts from the June start group. We went to Chelsea market, which was probably the coolest mall I've ever been to. The Food Network is located there! Yay Rachel Ray.
Anyway, it's getting late and I don't have MLK day off. Sucks. But my last two funny stories are of Saturday night. So a group of us girls were dancing (guys went to the bar to drink themselves silly). Suddenly these two asian guys come up to join our little circle. They start dancing like energetic orang utans. When Angela (one of the girls) tried to tell them NO and to signal to them to go away, they danced even more energetically by leaning into the circle even more and swinging their hands in front of their bodies quite wildly. At that point, we stopped dancing and just stood there and started laughing at them.
The last story was of two white guys that tried to join our girl circle. It seems to be a pattern. But anyway, these two guys were dancing like they had epileptic fits. It was not a good night of dancing for the men at Branch midtown. I feel bad for them. Last week's men weren't good looking, this week's men were dancing funny. What's up with the selection. haha.
Ok, time for one more? Went to Trader Joe's on Sunday coz I really wanted to make a not-sagna (with all the flavor of lasagna, without all the effort of layering), compliments of Rachel Ray. The line was mad. It was like waiting for PVD, except the music wasn't quite as pumping. I didn't know people were so hardcore about groceries. Waited in the "12 items and under" line for a good 40 minutes. I will never go to Trader Joe's on a weekend ever again. However, not-sagna was GOOOOOODDDD... :)
Monday, January 15, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
hey girl.. sounds like fun! wish i were there hhehh..
sorry abt the delay for the photos.. i dun have internet yet..but i did find a job!!$$$$$;P
Post a Comment