Thursday, September 21, 2006

As a Lady of Leisure...

I've had about 2 months of fun, and I'm sad that it's coming to an end. Actually, more like 1 month of fun, but that's a technicality. I really grew into the lifestyle. I love waking up every day and wondering what I'm going to do next. Go out? Maybe I'll just hang around at home and do absolutely nothing.

Been really nice hanging out with old friends again. Went rollerblading the other day with Sherises, and we were recalling the times that we used to rollerblade almost every day, read Macbeth by the breakwater, and try to get tanned. And then we remembered that we were 15 then, and that we're 25 now.

What else. My Michigan friend fell off the Merlion. He really did, and he has the war scars to show for it too. Well done, Mark.

Oh, and one night I took a cab home. Met this crazy cab driver who asked me in chinese, "Eh, no boyfriend to send you home ah?" I told him that I'd be fine as long as I had Comfort and TIBS, and tried to shut him up by telling him that I thought men were troublesome. He wouldn't hear of it, and told me that I should go out with many boys. Otherwise, God forbid, I might end up like his very eligible nephews who had to find spouses in China, or his very eligible niece that had to troop to France to find her spouse. He said it was ok to go out with multiple boys at the same time, and if I didn't like them, "jiu diu diao lor" (throw them away). That wasn't the end of it though. He told me, "nan ren bu huai, nu ren bu ai" (if men aren't bad, women won't love). I think he was trying to explain to me why his nephews had to find China wives. And of course, when we were about to pull up to my road, he told me he had an eligible 20-something nephew, and promptly pulled out a brochure of the company that his eligible 20-something nephew was a Director of. I think spending too much time in a itty bitty space tends to get people a little loopy.

Thanks to Sherises, mushroom and I are now officially models. We went for a photo shoot at Kim Choo Kueh Chang, which I feel is an excellent stepping stone for my career in high fashion and modelling and all that catwalk stuff. The make-up that made me look paler than a pontianak, waiting around for hours and hours, posing like tai tais, more waiting around... right up my alley.

And now, Hong Kong has officially become the most visited country of my adult life.

1 comment:

uraraa said...

glad u had fun!!.. was really gd seeing u back in town for such an extended period of time!!
well, hope to see u at Xmas!!.. til then, enjoy yr time in Vietnam n have a gd trip back ^^